Information on how to present a Petition

By filing a petition before the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, victims of human rights violations –including those linked to sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and bodily diversity- can obtain help. The Commission investigates the situation and can make recommendations to the State responsible to restore the enjoyment of rights whenever possible, to prevent a recurrence of similar events, to investigate the facts and to make reparations.

Get more information on the inter-American system of petitions, cases and precautionary measures »